Official Rules for the Win Your Dream Runcation Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old. (Note, however, that entrants for the Virginia Race must be at least twenty-five (25) years old.) Employees of Home Away, Inc. (“Sponsor”) or Destination Races (“Administrator”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes runs from February 19, 2017 through July 2, 2017, and is divided into six (6) Entry Periods, as described below. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: Visit http://destinationraces.com/sweepstakes during any one of the Entry Periods, click on the link for the race you’d like to enter, and complete the entry form. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per Entry Period, and you may not use multiple e-mail addresses to enter. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
- Drawings: Approximately three (3) days after the end of each Entry Period, Administrator will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received during that Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. Sponsor will attempt to notify each potential winner within three (3) days of the drawing. Entries that are not selected in one drawing will not be carried forward to subsequent drawings.
- Requirements of Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release, a W9 form, and a rental agreement. In order to win the prize, a potential winner from Canada must also correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within five (5) days (or fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question), an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
- Prizes: Each winner — one (1) per race — will receive (a) two (2) VIP registration entries to the race associated with the drawing he/she won and (b) a three-night stay in a HomeAway vacation rental near the race. A winner is responsible for paying for transportation, any applicable income taxes, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Travis County, Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
- Sponsor and Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by com, Inc., 1011 W. Fifth Street, Suite 300, Austin, TX 78703, and is administered by Destination Races, 1224 Sperring Road, Sonoma, CA 95476.
- Results: For the names of the winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Destination Races HomeAway Sweepstakes, 1224 Sperring Road, Sonoma, CA 95476. Requests must be received by August 1, 2017.