Once you cross the finish line at Doukenie Winery, the celebration gets underway with the post race Wine and Music Festival! Over two dozen wineries from Loudoun County will be pouring.
You’ll also find exhibitors, food truck offerings, the awards ceremony and a popular band, all in a beautiful outdoor setting at Doukenie Winery. This event is open to guests so bring your friends and family to celebrate with you. To take part in the wine tasting, runners must pre-purchase a Schott Zwiesel wine glass during registration or through Race Extras. Up to 3 additional wine glasses may be purchased for guests ($30).
A stub on your race bib will indicate how many wine glasses you have purchased (do not lose your race bib or ticket stub). Once you cross the finish line go to the wine glass tent to pick up your wristband and wine glass. If you purchased a glass for guests they must accompany you to receive their wine glass. Be prepared to show ID for proof of age. Runners are encouraged to redeem a special tasting coaster at a winery booth at the festival, fill out your information and present the coaster at a participating winery for a special offer!
We encourage you to visit these wineries and let them know you ran the Virginia Wine Country Half Marathon. Remember, wine makes for a fabulous take-away of your weekend in Virginia Wine Country! Thank you to our 2016 Winery Partners. Stay tuned for our 2017 Winery Partners to be listed soon!Click here to view a list of our 2016 Winery Partners!
Winery Partner Relationship
We work closely with our winery partners to encourage runners to independently visit wineries and breweries in the region by facilitating cross-promotion across multiple engaged channels.
Connect with over 5,000 active, affluent, and well-traveled wine and running aficionados and tourists from all over the world. Showcase your wines by hosting race weekend special events, VIP tours, and tastings. Get running with us by forming your own winery team!PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Year-round marketing & promotion on race website
- Year-round social media & email promotion
- Exclusive Offer for runners
- Opportunity to host race weekend special events
- Customized partnership with national sponsors
- Receive 2 complimentary and up to 5 half-price race entries!
- Winery teams of 6 runners or more are automatically entered into the Winery Team
- Challenge. Team can consist of staff members, winemakers, club members, or even family.
- 4 cases of wine (red/white mix) plus award wine (6 bottles or 2 magnums)